Data measured by all Emporia devices are available as CSV Exports if needing to work with the data outside of the Emporia Energy app. Those CSV downloads are available on-demand from within the app (steps available below). Once exported, a link will be sent to the email address connected to the Emporia account with a link to download the exported data. That link will download a .zip folder containing multiple files with each file corresponding to a different time resolution (seconds, mins, hours) of data.
How to Export?
- Select Menu (☰) in top left corner
- Select Export Raw Data to CSV under Settings
- Select the device you'd like to retrieve CSV data for, enter the desired date range, and select Export Data
- You will receive an email link (to your Emporia Account address) that will allow you to download a zip file to your computer that contains each of the following files for the time period you specified:
- 1SEC (3 hours of 1 second data)
- 1MIN (up to 7 days of 1 minute data)
- 15MIN (Complete 15 minute data)
- 1H (Complete hourly data)
- 1DAY (Complete daily data)
Screenshots of the above process:
(Getting to the CSV Export Options and device select)
(Date Selection for CSV Exported Data)
(Success! Can check email inbox for a download link to the exported file.)
What does an Export File look like?
Here's a brief overview of what an example Gen 2 CSV Export will look like.
Exports will provide kW data for the seconds, minutes and 15-min data. Exports will provide kWh (energy) in the hour resolution and higher.
Note for Gen 2 (and Gen 1) related exports: The most common question about the files themselves is having multiple columns after the Date/Time column labeled with "_1", "_2" and/or "_3" at the end of the column name. Those represent each of the "mains" sensors attached to the device (in ports A, B and/or C) and you should have a column for each 200A CT sensor attached to your mains.
Feedback and Suggestions
This knowledge base is pretty new for the Emporia team. Our goal is to provide all of the information we can to help you manage your energy in better ways. If this article wasn't helpful, or we could be more clarifying on any points please reach out to the Customer Support team and we'll certainly work to improve these guides.