When setting up an Emporia Vue: Gen 2, you will be prompted to select your Device ID (last 6 digits of the serial number) from the device list after going through the installation guide or going directly to set up:
If no devices are listed on this part of the setup (regardless of your phones Settings), then here are the things to check/try:
- Make sure your Gen 2 is powered on (light on within the leaf on the front of the device) and within 5 ft of the phone/tablet you are using for set up.
- Ensure you have all app permissions allowed for the Emporia Energy App through your phones Settings:
- iOS: go to your phone/ tablet's settings, scroll down to select "Emporia Energy" and toggle on all app permissions for device set up.
- Android: go to you phone/ tablet's settings, scroll down and tap "Apps", scroll down to "Emporia Energy" and toggle on all app permissions for device set up.
- Force close the Emporia app, power cycle the device for 30 seconds, reopen the app all while staying within 5 feet of the device and go through the set up process again and select your Device ID from the device list.
Can also try searching for the Gen 2's broadcasted Bluetooth signal to see if that is being setup correctly and available to the phone:
Android - Can go to your phones Settings app, then to "Connections" and "Bluetooth". In the nearby/available devices list you should be able to see a "PROV_xxxxxx" device (or sometimes "Emporia_xxxxxx").
iOS - iOS does not natively show the nearby/available devices as needed through the default operating system. You'll need another app to scan for nearby devices. If you don't have one already available, we generally recommend an app called "nRF Connect" that can help. You should be able to see a "PROV_xxxxxx" device in the list (or sometimes "Emporia_xxxxxxx").
If you're seeing a device by those values being shown in the nearby/available devices list, then the device itself is broadcasting the signal correctly and the issue is more local to the phone and/or Emporia Energy app rather than the device. If not shown there, ensure power is supplied to the Gen 2 correctly.
If still running into issues after all of the above:
- Try another phone and/or tablet if available.
- Try uninstalling/re-installing the Emporia Energy app.
- Reach out to Customer Support.
Feedback and Suggestions
This knowledge base is pretty new for the Emporia team. Our goal is to provide all of the information we can to help you manage your energy in better ways. If this article wasn't helpful, or we could be more clarifying on any points please reach out to the Customer Support team and we'll certainly work to improve these guides.